Can I Sue for Cardiology Malpractice in New York?

cardiology malpractice new york

There are few things more devastating than turning to a medical professional for help, only to find that they’ve harmed you. Unfortunately, this isn’t exactly rare here in New York City, despite the area being renowned for its accomplished medical professionals. That said, if you believe you’re a victim of cardiology malpractice and you need a New York City medical malpractice lawyer you can trust, you are in the right place. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What are some of the most common examples of cardiology malpractice?

There is a broad range of ways in which a cardiologist may conduct themselves unlawfully, unethically, or simply carelessly, all of which can lead to serious injuries or even death. Some common examples of cardiology malpractice that we see are as follows:

  • Diagnostic errors, such as failing to diagnose a heart issue (such as a heart attack) timely, improperly diagnosing it, or failing to diagnose it altogether
  • Negligently treating patients, such as by starting with the most invasive procedure when a milder alternative was available and sensible
  • Making mistakes during surgery, such as wrong-site surgery or failing to monitor a patient’s vitals

What should I do if I believe I’m a victim of medical malpractice?

Of course, your health is paramount, so if you believe you were wronged by a physician of any kind, you should seek proper medical attention immediately to help remedy the issue at hand. However, once you’re in stable condition, if you think you are a victim of malpractice, you should strongly consider speaking with a competent attorney who can help you file a medical malpractice claim against the physician in question. As long as we can satisfy the burden of proof, you should qualify for compensation.

How long do I have to file a medical malpractice claim in New York?

Traditionally, victims of medical malpractice are required to file a medical malpractice claim within 2.5 years of the date the act occurred. Don’t wait longer than this, for you may permanently lose your right to sue.


If you are facing employment law or personal injury law issues of any kind, contact Mirza Law today to schedule your initial consultation with our seasoned legal team.