New York City Personal Injury Lawyer
Here in New York City, accidents happen every day. These accidents can occur on the road, on the job, medical settings, due to defective products, or even because of unsafe property conditions. No matter where you were injured, if the accident wasn’t your fault, you can turn to a knowledgeable New York City injury lawyer from Mirza Law to fight for the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Contact Mirza Law today to schedule your free case evaluation with our competent personal injury law firm.
Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Clients in New York City
We know just how drastically a serious injury can impact a person’s life. We understand that after sustaining such an injury, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to turn. Fortunately, you’re in the right place. Mirza Law’s experienced legal team has fought on behalf of injury victims throughout New York City. We are prepared to fight for you with the utmost dedication and diligence. Don’t hire just any lawyer to represent you at such a pivotal moment in your life; hire the legal team of Mirza Law.
Our Personal Injury Services
Mirza Law helps accident victims in New York City who’ve been harmed in a wide range of circumstances, including the following:
- Car Accidents: Auto accidents are the most common type of accident we see. Unfortunately, they are also among the most devastating. Whether you were injured in a car accident, a bus accident, as a pedestrian, or otherwise, you can feel confident in your decision to turn to a New York City injury lawyer from our firm to fight for you.
- Construction Accidents: Construction workers are frequently hurt on the job here in New York City. In many cases, these accidents aren’t even their fault. If you’ve been injured on a construction site, our injury lawyer is here to help you fight for the full compensation you need, either in a workers’ comp claim or a third-party claim.
- Scaffolding Accidents: Here in New York State, there are various regulations in place to ensure the safety of construction workers. Unfortunately, these regulations, such as Section 240 of New York State Labor Law, also known as the “Scaffolding Law,” are not always abided by, and when they aren’t, people are injured as a result. If you were hurt in a scaffolding accident, you can turn to Mirza Law for assistance.
- Work Injuries: The unfortunate reality is that accidents can occur in just about any workplace. The bottom line is that if you’ve been hurt on the job, Mirza Law is here to assist you.
- Medical Malpractice: If you were harmed by a medical professional, we’re here to fight for full compensation to get your quality of life back.
- Product Liability: Manufacturers and product designers are, at times, responsible when consumers are injured by their products due to defects or a failure to warn. If you’ve been hurt by an unsafe product, we can help.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one due to another party’s wrongful action or inaction is unthinkable. Unfortunately, it’s something that happens to many people in NYC and across the country every single year. If you recently lost a loved one as a result of medical malpractice, an auto accident, or some other means, our firm can fight for the justice you and your family need.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries
To recover compensation for your injuries, you and your personal injury lawyer will have to gather and present evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. Simply put, you’ll have to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s wrongful action or inaction. To do so, you should try to gather evidence at the scene of the accident, which can include pictures of the accident, witness statements, and more. You should also ensure you call the police to the scene of the accident. They will a) send emergency medical services to the accident and b) write up a police report detailing how the accident occurred, which we may use to bolster your personal injury claim. Once you’re treated at the hospital and have collected all medical documentation pertaining to your injury, you should make it a point to hire an NYC injury lawyer promptly.
Don’t Wait to File Your Claim–Time is of the Essence
Every state has a statute of limitations in place when it comes to filing personal injury claims. Here in New York State, for most injury claims, the statute of limitations is three years, giving wrongfully injured individuals three years from the date of their accident to take legal action against the liable party. That said, depending on where and how you were injured, you may have far less time from the date of your accident to file what is known as a “Notice of Claim.” In New York State, if you were hurt on property owned by a municipality (such as a public bus or a municipality-owned sidewalk) you will only have 90 days from the date of your accident to file a Notice of Claim. Missing either of these deadlines can permanently bar you from bringing a personal injury claim.
Contact an NYC Injury Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that if you were hurt due to an accident, it’s of paramount importance that you retain the services of a knowledgeable New York City injury lawyer who can fight for the full compensation to which you are entitled. Fortunately, you’re in the right place. Contact Mirza Law today to schedule your free consultation with our dedicated legal team. We proudly serve clients in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Queens.